Most Talked about at Inman:
- #1 topic: Compass. A traditional brokerage spending huge amounts of money to advertise that they are a tech company. Goal is to have 20% market share in the top 20 metros nationwide by 2020. They are buying brokerages. Expect to see them in AZ by 2019.
- #2 topic: Brad Inman’s interview with Gary Keller. Click here to see the full interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoHwEgo7CUg
- #3 topic: Phoenix: all eyes are on us to see how our local industry responds to the marketplace shifts, emerging models, and iBuyers
Non-Real Estate Emerging Trends:
- Privacy: voice activation and identity verification
- Data: Who owns your data? How is it used? How can we protect it?
*Let me know if you would like the steps to download the data Facebook has on you.
- Uber & AirBNB are not just platforms anymore. Uber is buying taxis and AirBNB is buying houses and small hotels
Where We Were:
- Buyers agents emerged in the late 80s
- 2005/2006 Zillow asks NAR to share data
- Realtors moved from sales to customer service=Realtors help buyers buy homes not find homes
*Let me know if you would like the charts Amanda showed in class
- Model #1: Tech or templated. Online discount brokerage, call center, selling through an app, limited support, W2 employees. Example: Homie
- Model #2: Hybrid: great technology and traditional agents, specific services provided, lower costs, either 1099 or W2. Example: Redfin and Purplebricks
- Model #3: Traditional: high volume, high value, high cost, must include clear value
- Glide, http://www.glide.com/, online SPDS. Integrates with Zip Forms. $25 monthly
- Homesnap, https://www.homesnap.com/pro direct ARMLS & Showingtime integration. Client search and messaging capabilities. Free.
- Unison, https://www.unison.com/, provides 1/2 of down payment, never paid back, owners share ½ of the equity when property sells within 30 years. no limits.
- Loftium, https://www.loftium.com/, provides funds for down payment, requires for first 2 years one room is rented on Airbnb. They run their own data to figure out how much they will put down.
- Propy, https://propy.com/, Sell properties through Blockchain (step by step logical process that executes a contract) Propy handles the exchange and provide the seller in USD. Good for global buyers. Agents does sales call with Propy to post listing. Charge for currency conversion incurred by buyer.
- Kleard, https://www.kleard.com/, open house sign-in that requires dual verification for everyone
- Liondesk, http://liondesk.com/, CRM, automated messaging, reminders, sign riders, background info research, $25 monthly
*Let me know if you are interested in our Lawyers Title discount to make it $20 monthly
- First, http://liondesk.com/, upload database and a score is provided as to how likely they are to sell in the next 6 months
- Homebot, https://homebot.titlepro247.com/, sends monthly property valuation info to your database automatically, $25 monthly
*Let me know if you are interested in our Lawyers Title discount to save 10%.
- Revaluate, https://revaluate.com/, similar to First, scores on how likely your database is to move
- Evabot, https://www.evabot.ai/, conversational artificial intelligence that chats with consumer and figures out gifts for closing. very conversational, all through text
- Brivity, https://www.brivity.com/, all in one platform, integrates with ARMLS, Zipforms, Skyslope, CRM. starts at $199 monthly
- Realsynch, https://www.realsynch.com/, integrates as much as possible but not everything. it is useful while we wait for a lower cost option
- Chime, https://chime.me/, integrates marketing & client info
Smart Home Technology:
- Boxlock, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D8VB2SV/ref=cm_sw_r_em_api_c_0PttBbA9Q2MG1, the first smart padlock to protect deliveries for USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.
- Compass Sign using beacon technology, $700 each
- Boxbrownie, https://www.boxbrownie.com/, virtual staging ($32) and photo editing, item removal ($4), best virtual staging. turn daytime photos to dusk photos $28. also do floorplans and 3D plans
- Proxypics, https://proxypics.com/, stock photo specific to location. photographers compete
- Restb, https://restb.ai/, looks at photos and is able to decipher what is in the photos. Zillow is using this info for their Zestimate to make the info more accurate. Allows people to search based on what is in the photos. available to build integration through website.
- Google Assistant, https://support.google.com/assistant/answer/7172657?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en, app, will schedule appointments, very conversational, simple calls & tasks, more predictive, free
- Say Allo, https://allo.google.com/, product that uses AI. it will predict entire sentences that you will likely write. in text messages
- Botmakers, https://botmakers.net/chatbot-templates/explore/real-estate, chatbots, Facebook integration, fully customizable, onetime fee
- Gabbi, https://www.gabbi.ai/, new robot, currently beta testing. integrates with MLS and Showingtime and texts answers. conversational messages. Everything is visible to you at all times
- VoiceterPro, https://www.voiceterpro.com/, shares your skill on Alexa, downloadable through Amazon apps. Partnering with restb.ai to use for searches, $349 monthly
- Boomerang, https://www.boomerangapp.com/, use to email from phone. selects emails to respond to first. speed of voice automation
- Hutch, https://www.hutch.com/, when showing vacant homes select the type of room and style, place furniture to see how they would look in the room. completely free. they make money by selling products. Zillow has invested in this system.
- Ogulu, https://www.ogulo.com/, (Matterport competitor) walk through the property. click on call out buttons and you can label things. automatic floorplan. includes lead capture. Can be done with a Ricoh Theta S
- Ricoh Tours, https://www.ricohtours.com/, (Matterport competitor)
- YouVR, https://global.youvr.io/, (Matterport competitor)
- CINC/Boomtown/Real Geeks, online lead gen
- planetRE, https://www.planetre.com/MillennialPS.htm, millennial targeted search site, search by lifestyle options, commute times, etc.
- LocalLogic, https://www.locallogic.co/en/, hyper local type of searching, integrates with Yelp, lifestyle searches
- Industry average for conversion is 4-6%
- 36% of leads are actually buying houses
- Agentology, https://www.agentology.com/, calls online leads
- Answer Connect, https://www.answerconnect.com/, calls online leads
- Upcall, https://www.upcall.com/en/?, calls online leads
- Riley, https://getrileynow.com/, chatbot texts
- LeadHax, http://leadhax.com/leadhax-adportal/realestate/index.html, Facebook ads
- Homespotter, https://homespotter.com/boost/, boost FB ads (limited targeting)
- Zavvie, https://zavvie.com/, hyper local marketing company, neighborhood website, blog, Nextdoor, mailers, etc, uses big data and scores likelihood of moving
- Promo, https://slide.ly/promo, make a short video to use for online advertising. put on any advertisement.
Sarah Perkins is an award winning account executive and has been in title sales since 2004. As the Director of Industry Research & Senior Account Executive, Sarah’s role is to bring real estate transactions to Navi Title. Sarah supports her clients by helping them navigate the ever-changing real estate space through thorough research and understanding of current trends impacting today’s home buyers and sellers.